The Day of Surgery .....
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Please contact the center with any questions.
- Please bring your insurance card with you and a form of photo identification.
- It is your responsibility to make advance arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself, be left alone, or leave the facility in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult. Failure to meet these guidelines could result in the cancellation of you procedure. We prefer the driver to remain in the surgery center during your procedure.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safe keeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- Please remove all makeup & leave jewelry and other valuable at home.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Please bring a list of prescription medications you are currently taking and any eye drops prescribed by your surgeon.
- Your family may wait in our lobby and rejoin you upon discharge. Please limit the number of people who accompany you. We suggest that patients be accompanied by only one person to preserve the comfort of all visitors.
- If you hold power of attorney or guardianship over a patient, you MUST bring a copy of a durable medial POA or Guardianship papers in order to sign consents for that patient.