Before Surgery .....
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to the procedure being performed. Please contact the center with any questions.
- A member of the surgical center staff will call you prior to your surgery to obtain health and registration information, and to answer any questions you may have.
- If you are undergoing anesthesia, DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your operation, including no gum, hard candy, or cigarettes.
- You can brush your teeth or rinse your mouth, but don’t swallow any water. Failure to do this may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Please notify your surgeon if there is a change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever, or respiratory problems.
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home after the surgery and stay with you afterward, as needed. This person should be prepared to stay at the facility during your procedure and must be 18 years of age or older. In an effort to accommodate all patients and their family members, we ask that you limit the number of family members in the waiting room.